Kukouri Mobile Entertainment Privacy Notice
Last updated: 25th May 2018
Kukouri Mobile Entertainment respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our games, mobile applications and other products ("Games") and websites ("Website") (together "Services").
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does Kukouri Mobile Entertainment collect and why?
Kukouri Mobile Entertainment is a gaming company, headquartered in Finland. Our main business is to develop and publish game applications online and through downloadable applications.
For more information about Kukouri Mobile Entertainment, please visit www.kukouri.com
The personal information that we may collect about you through the Services broadly falls into the following categories:
● Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to begin playing Games, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
● Information that we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Services, including the games played and the pages of our Website accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology.
● Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including Apple and Google), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include for example in-app purchases you have made in one of our games and we use the information we receive from these third parties to for example to ensure that you receive the purchased you have made.
Who does Kukouri Mobile Entertainment share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
● to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
● Companies and services that we use include
to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
to a potential or actual buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Other players and users
Our games may contain social features and mechanics like in-game chat function, multiplayer and so on. Other players and users may for example see your profile name, other profile data and chat messages you write.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our Website, Games and other Services and communicating with you as necessary for those purposes and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing activities, improving our Games, Website and other Services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by sending email to support[at]Kukouri.com
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Kukouri Mobile Entertainment keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include are for example 1) All passwords you provide are encrypted (hashed) so they are not readable by anyone, even us. 2) Only personnel that require access to your data in order to perform their work are allowed access.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States or around the world, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
● If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us by sending us email to support[at]kukouri.com Please use a headline that clearly states you are contacting us regarding your data protection rights, for example “My data protection rights”.
● In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us by sending us email to support[at]kukouri.com
● You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us by sending us email to support[at]kukouri.com
● Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
● You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
● If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us by sending us email to support[at]kukouri.com Please use a headline that clearly states you are contacting us regarding your data protection rights, for example “My data protection rights”.
The data controller of your personal information is Kukouri Mobile Entertainment which is registered with the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman with following contact details:
P.O. Box 800
Ratapihantie 9, 6th floor
+358 29 56 66700
Also see Kukouri Mobile Entertainment Terms of Service: http://kukouri.com/tos_2016.html
Kukouri Mobile Entertainment Ltd. (Finnish Business ID 2403163-7),
Kymenlaaksonkatu 10, 48100 Kotka, Finland
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at support[at]kukouri.com.